Cardboard Tube Fight Night
Chat Perdu Productions
Cardboard Tube Fight Night is a series of clashes between cardboard-tube wielding warriors! Watch and cheer or compete and prevail!
Thursday, Sept. 20, 2012
The Mainline Theatre
3997 St-Laurent Blvd.
(just south of Duluth. It is a black door with flames painted on it)
Sign-up at 8:30 PM
Fights start at 9 PM
$8 to watch
$10 to fight (tube will be provided)
Regretfully, this venue is not wheelchair-accessible.
Please note that we must cap our number of fighters at 48 to ensure an expedient and entertaining evening. Also note that as it is our first time holding an event of this particular nature, things might not go smoothly. It's experimental. Please forgive any unexpected delays or strange occurances that might emerge during the course of the event as we endeavour to work the kinks out.
Attire: cardboard armor & elaborate costumes are encouraged. All tubes are provided at the event. No outside tubes allowed.
Prizes: There are two prizes. One for the eventual winner of the fights and one for the most "interesting" fighter. The idea of what's "interesting" is more relative, and will be decided by a Secret Judge.
1) Don't break your tube. Break your opponent's tube with yours. In a duel, the last person with an unbroken tube is declared the winner. In the event that both participants break their tubes at the same time, the game is a draw, and both duelists are considered losers.
2) One hand must remain behind your back at all times.
3) No blocking with your arms, hands or legs. No shouldering or kicking your opponent.
4) No stabbing. Lunges involving tubes are never allowed under any circumstances.
5) Do not work the face. Hitting people in the face is heavily frowned upon and can force your ejection from the event.
6) Once your tube is broken you must stop fighting.
7) To participate you must be using an official CTFN tube, which will be provided at the event, and you must have signed a release waiver.
8) Your tube must always be held near the bottom. Holding your tube in the middle at any time is illegal.
9) Shields are officially banned in tournaments except for those provided by the host for the finalists in round five.
10) A CTFL tournament includes 48 participants. Each participant duels at least once. The winner of the duel is the person whose cardboard tube is not broken and the loser is s/he whose tube is bent. The winning participant will have dueled 5 times, without destroying their cardboard tube. The breakdown of the rounds is as follows:
Round One: 48 Participants- 1 vs. 1 matches
Round Two: 24 Participants- 1 vs. 1 matches
Round Three: 12 Participants- 1 vs. 1 matches
Round Four: 6 Participants- 3 person chaos matches
Round Five: 2 Participants - Tube and Shield 1 vs. 1 match
Depending on the number of participants, there may be fewer rounds.
The Mythic Origins of this Event:
Cardboard Tube Fighting League was invented by the genius Robert Easley. The afroementeioned rules were adapted from his original rules and further detailed information about the international exploits of this burgeoning sport can be found at www.tubeduel.com We were in contact with Robert and thank him for his advice and generosity.
To find out about FUTURE QUIRKY EVENTS like this (ie. Slowdance, Sprip Spelling Bee, Crowd Karaoke) please join our group, CHAT PERDU PRODUCTIONS here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chat-Perdu-Productions/223457214331777
HORAIRE / SCHEDULE
- Thursday 20 September 2012 / 20:00
Pour âges / For ages 18+
Pas de retardataires / No latecomers
...there was a girl who did it all. She dance and laughed and loved a lot; she was the best; she was white hot. The seventies provided the glam for this pampered little ma'am. But as in all the stories ever told there were some bumps in her golden road...
Join Captain Spaceship and his crew of intergalactic riff-raff as they travel through time and space exploring the cosmos, discovering new unchartered worlds and narrowly avoid copyright infringement.
This is the prom you always wanted! Dress up for our photobooth! Vote for Prom Kink & Queer! Balloon archways & projections of prom movies!